Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Yes, Yes I Am

Out of bed, that is.  It has come to my attention that many people who see me out and about are surprised.  It is confusing and difficult to explain.  To see me out it would be easy to assume that I am a normal, functioning, waddling pregnant person that goes anywhere the breeze blows me.  However,  I am still very limited in what I do.  The doctor has officially given me a little freedom to get up and out for awhile, but has been very cautionary.  I do fairly well if I am just going to go somewhere and sit. But, if I do go to the grocery store or to do a few errands, I find myself exhausted and ready to recuperate at home for a few days.  I think that is because I am so accustomed to being sedentary.  I have not been on "complete bed rest" since some time in December.  And really, things have been going pretty well and I have adjusted to being limited in what I do with a peace that only comes from God.  The first day I was in tears, but after that I just came to accept what I needed to do (or not do) to get our baby here safely.  Chris has had the difficult part of picking up all the slack.  This has definitely been a "growing" stage of our relationship where we have learned to communicate better, be more understanding, and define what our different standards of "clean" are. Let's just say one of us is more partial to speed over quality!  In all seriousness, Chris has learned all of the household chores, perfected the grocery shopping, taken on all sorts of errands, and is a huge help with cooking and dishes.  It will be interesting to see where everything falls when Cohen is here and our world is turned upside down again (in a good way!).

We had our second bpp yesterday.  Cohen passed quickly, but they only do measurements every other week. We were disappointed when he turned his head and we couldn't get a good shot for our first 3D picture. Oh well, there is always next week.  The sonograms go so quickly, then we wait an eternity in the waiting room for our follow-up appointment with the doctor. Luckily, a friend came in and also had to wait quite a while so we were able to catch up with her.  Needless to say, Chris didn't fall asleep this time! I wish he would come up with a question for once for the doctor, though. As it is, I am the only one interacting with the doctor while Chris gives him the "I'm so sorry my wife is a question nut/worry wart." I always turn to him and ask if he has any questions and he just shakes his head. Thanks a lot.   This wouldn't be so bad if he would at least pay attention to integral parts of the appointment and exam. Example: "Chris, what did I measure today?" Answer: "I don't know."  He also struggles to repeat key information as the doctor answers my questions.  I asked him yesterday what he did notice and he replied, "The doctor was wearing Nikes today and his student doctor must be outdoorsy based on her shoes."  So helpful.  I think I will hand off some of my questions to Chris from now on. Balance it out.  Therefore earning the reputation of the "inquisitive couple" not just "inquisitive Jacque".  And since the doctor usually doesn't mention what I am measuring, I will encourage Chris to notice as it is difficult and obvious to lift my head to peer over my ever-unfamiliar, expanding belly to strain my eyes and mentally take note.

I think I will go for now.  However, I hope to reveal the nursery pictures soon!  Final touches are going on.  So that is something to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like everything is going along well. Glad to hear the bpp was good. Tell Chris, and I don't mean this to sound condescending, I'm VERY proud of him stepping up and doing chores and laundry.
    I had no doubt he would though.

    ReplyDelete