Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

It Won't Be Long Now....

This is a brief update on Cohen!  This has been a fairly difficult week, so we were ready for some good news.  We had our fourth BPP yesterday. It is hard to believe that if we make it to April 11th, we have only three appointments left! The sonogram went really well and we were able to get Cohen to cooperate enough to get some adorable 4D pictures!


Can you see his face next to his little arm?

 Is that not the cutest baby ever?  We can't wait to meet him.  They guesstimate that he weighs 6 pounds 7 ounces right now and my doctor said by April 11th he will most likely weigh around 8 pounds 4 ounces. I can do that, right? I hope so!  Anyway, he passed his BPP with flying colors and we even saw him stick his tongue out!  We had an earlier appointment time than usual, so our wait time was less.  Chris behaved until we were waiting in the exam room and his restlessness resulted in doing all sorts of stretches.  He then devised a plan to hide in the "changing room" in the exam room and when the doctor expressed his surprise at not seeing Chris at our appointment, he would jump out and scare him!  Wow. I never know what he will come up with, but I think his ideas are escalating! Good thing we have only a few appointments left. 
I feel better since the doctor said we would really be fine to deliver any time now.  We spent most of the appointment discussing the logistics of switching my blood thinner shots from once a day to twice a day so things will be more in control if I go into labor.  Yikes! Cohen is coming soon and I am still avoiding thoughts of exactly how that will happen.  We appreciate everyone's prayers through this time and still covet them as there are so many unknowns through birth and delivery. We could not feel more blessed to be where we are after such a rough start.  And thanks to amazing family and friends we feel ready with the things we need when Cohen arrives!

Me with my good friends Tina and Lindsey at the shower they threw for me
P.S. I promise nursery pictures are coming soon! I just need to get my dresser drawer mailed to me and it will be complete. (One drawer was damaged and they are sending me a new one, hopefully soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment