Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gettin' Jiggy With It

It's difficult to believe that Cohen was 12 weeks old yesterday.  This little boy has brought so much joy in such a short time. Cohen is reaching for things and holding onto them longer.  His neck is stronger and he holds it up for quite awhile without wobbling too much. He loves the little stuffed animal blankets that he can hold, pull up to his face and suck on. He seems to have established more of a routine these days.  He has been going to bed between 8:30 and 10 and then sleeps until 5 AM or so. Previously he would go back to sleep, but not lately.  He wants to play a bit, then I can usually get him back to sleep but only for an hour or less. Then he is up for the day!  The next time window is critical to me getting a shower. Cohen will play, but usually gets bored and tired when I am in the middle of drying my hair.  Plus it never fails that I hear that noise and see that face that says we need to visit the changing pad as soon as I get out of  the shower.  At that time, Cohen is ready to eat and take a nap around 9 or 10.  He may sleep a half hour or three hours.  Then by 1 or 2 he is napping again.  My problem is, I have a difficult time with that old rule, "Sleep when the baby sleeps".  I see those times (if I am not holding him) as the time to catch up on things like laundry.  That must be why I am so exhausted, reminiscent of the "early days" after Cohen was born. 

Going out is still a challenge.  Sometimes he is happy and content but other times he is cranky and hungry.  The hardest part is not knowing what we will get.  Even when he is perfect, he is still high-maintenance.  And Chris thought I was! When we go out to eat with him, I might as well order my food cold. 

Cohen probably wouldn't have minded missing his first Fourth of July.  Not a big fan of the loudness and bright lights. I learned this when I cautiously took him out just to watch my special firework, "Pooping Puppy" because it was harmless enough.  Then the loudest one we had was set off and it was back into the house in tears. Broke my heart.  I will probably remember that forever.  After I calmed him down, he sat in front of the Boston Pops concert and fireworks on TV and was quite interested for awhile. I tried to watch the ones Chris and my family were setting off all evening, but I couldn't see much from the window.  You know it was a fun time when Chris comes in covered in black firework soot and must spend an hour the next day cleaning up our driveway and the neighbor's across the way! It was a late, long night for Cohen, though.  Hopefully, it will be more fun for him next year.

One of the things Chris loves to do with Cohen lately is sing and dance. I don't think Cohen fully appreciates this activity yet, though!  Some day.... So below is the promised  video of this rather entertaining spectacle.  The next video we refer to as Cohen's  "lip wave".  This was taken as he was first discovering his tongue and all of its powers.  He was also starting to imitate our faces and expressions.  Enjoy!

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVED the singing and dancing!!! Laughed so very hard that I have tears in my eyes and can barely see the screen. Takes me back to so many memories of ridiculous (and totally amazing!) nights in high school. LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!

    ReplyDelete