Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

8 Week Tears

We have been busy! I can't say exactly with what, though. I guess just the new day-to-day stuff.  Cohen did have his dreaded 2 month check-up yesterday.   He is still doing very well except for the threat of a helmet if I don't make him do enough tummy time. Yikes!  So, 30 minutes four times a day of tummy time for all of us to endure from now on. Other than that, he weighs exactly 11 pounds which puts him in the 50th percentile and is 23.5 inches long and in the 75th percentile.  The nurse explained all the shots and why they were necessary and the side effects, etc. but that doesn't prepare you for the actual giving of shots.  Cohen probably did better than me, though. You see, so far, Cohen doesn't really cry a lot.  So, pretty much every time he wails, I cry.  He cried for a little while, then Chris comforted him and we gave him a bottle. He then fell asleep.  Whew!  It was still difficult to look at his bandaged thighs, even though it was Mickey Mouse.  The other concern is that we leave tomorrow on our first road trip to go to my cousin's wedding about 5 or 6 hours away.  That should be a challenge. I am already having a difficult time packing for a baby!

Other exciting news is that Cohen is starting to smile!  Especially for my dad. He must think Grandpa is pretty funny!  He absolutely loves his play gym and  lays under it looking at all the animals, the color-changing smiley face, himself in the mirror and dances to the music. This is the new solution to taking a shower! I just bring him into the bathroom with his play gym.  However, I have not looked at the instruction manual in detail and the darn music turns off after a short time. So Cohen is going at it dancing and moving and talking and then he is just still. Completely still, looking up quizzically at the center of his play gym.  I'll need to fix that!  Cohen is also sucking on his hands and playing with them more.  He has grown out of his newborn clothes and is sometimes awkwardly wearing his 3 month clothes.  It seems as though most of the country has wide but short kids?  A lot of his outfits fit at the snaps but have a ton of extra room on the sides. He's just a tall little guy!

I can tell Cohen's personality is starting to come out. He is sweet and easy-going.  He is playful and cuddly.  The other day I put him in bed with me and he was kicking and moving until he was right next to me. He then rolled on his side and fell asleep touching me. Sweetest moment ever! But, never again since I learned this is a no-no because of SIDS.  That is my new worry.  It seems so random and I want specifics. Most nights I watch him breathe while he sleeps telling myself I will do this all night,  then I succumb to sleep and trust the Lord to watch over him like He has Cohen's entire life.  But, like one nurse told me, there will always be something to worry about.  We have already learned to rely on God so much during the pregnancy that we just need to continue!

Bath time!


Fun on the puppy mat!

Where he spends a lot of his day!


First outing in the jogging stroller!

7 weeks

Turtle, turtle!

More time under the play gym

 
Proof that we do tummy time!




Not sitting still at 8 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment