Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

He Is Doing Very Well, Fellows!

This will be short, but I wanted to update a little.  The title is one of the things our funny pediatrician said to us in our first appointment! He is so entertaining!  I think the roles will be reversed with this doctor and maybe we won't always be making a spectacle of ourselves, but he will keep us laughing?
Anyway, it has been a very busy few weeks just trying to keep up with Cohen and all his needs.  But, I am happy to say we are starting to get into a rhythm and routine.  We really haven't had too many fussy times since the first few days. If he is upset, there is a reason!  I just have to decipher that specific reason.  I do feel overwhelmed with all of the lists in my mind, but am learning to let things (a lot of  things) go.  Chris and I are just trying to get the important things done.
Some days are really good and I feel somewhat accomplished, if I do say so myself.  On the other hand, some days I am lucky if Cohen is clean and fed and I have taken a shower! Today was one of the latter.  It was Chris' day to volunteer at church, so I was on my own.  I can do it! Right? Well, I guess not today. In an hour both of us had had a couple of wardrobe changes.  Cohen had managed to go to the bathroom on me and himself twice. Then after Chris got home and was mowing, the dog came in a threw up. Fabulous!  After that, I had to once again interrupt Chris as he was attempting to win the fight against the numerous dandelions in our yard to inform him that I needed assistance immediately to bathe Cohen after he wet all over himself, his hair, clothes, changing pad cover, the wall, me and the dog!  Poor Joey! And Cohen does not fancy baths at all.  So, as of this late afternoon I nearly managed to make lunch by 2:30, let alone accomplish anything else!
Even though it has been some of the most challenging days of my life, I would not trade them for anything. This little boy is our world and we fall more in love each day. I know we will figure out how to better take care of him as each day goes by.

One week old!

One of his favorite poses

He sleeps so much!


Time with Dad

The family

No comments:

Post a Comment